Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine + Go-To Eye Makeup Tutorial

Hello everyone! I'm back with a post that has been requested a lot in my ask.fm, and i've been meaning to update you all with something even though this has been long overdue. This is not a detailed makeup tutorial, but I will be listing all my fave products and stating how I use them. 

Keep reading!

The reason why I added an eye makeup tutorial is because, I only put on moisturizer and BB cream + my glasses when I need to run out of the house. And well, who needs a blog post for that? Haha. But on occasions when I need to meet up with my friends in a cafe nearby, or chill with someone where I don't need to look all made up, I add a little bit of color and eye makeup.

| Bioré UV Aqua Watery Base | Visée Nudy Rich BB Cream | Revlon Colorstay Concealer | 

First of all, I exfoliate my face with my gentle face brush and facial wash. I pat my face dry and apply my moisturizer right away. I use Nivea Soft Skin Care Cream. Then I use my Bioré UV Aqua product as my base. It comes in a runny gel-like consistency, so it's not heavy nor greasy for my oily-combination skin. I then Use my BB cream. I would't even consider this a BB "cream" because the texture of the product feels more of a liquid foundation. It will also cling on dry patches, this is the reason why I exfoliate and moisturize a lot. The coverage is incredible though, and it looks extremely natural and not caked up. I then mix my light and medium Revlon Colorstay concealers to achieve my exact skin color match. I pat on blemishes that still show through the BB cream. I set my face with Palgantong's Theatrical Powder when I feel the need to. I reviewed the BB cream here

| Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara | MAC Charcoal Brown | 

The next thing I do are my brows! On my lazy idgaf days, I just leave them alone. Sometimes, I just use clear mascara... or, I lightly fill them and they turn out like this. 

There are days when I want an edgier brow look, so I use a MATTE gray shadow called Shadowy Lady from MAC to outline and make the tail sharper. And then I sort of make a gradient/ombre effect so it still looks natural and not too drawn. I then set with the clear mascara and blend. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of that. But here is an old selfie for reference.. haha!

BUT most of the time, I just outline my brows and use the leftover product in the brush to fill in the sparse spaces. Sometimes I like it thick and straight.. it really depends on my mood to be honest. lol I just like my eyebrows to look as natural as possible. 

| Bourjois Khol and Contour Eye Pencil | Mary Kay Palette |

I first use my kohl eyeliner to roughly line as close to my lash line as possible. Doing it neatly is not an issue cause I blend it out afterwards. 

It will look like this. This will serve as a base for the next brown shadow that I will be using. 

I will then get the warm, matte chocolate brown color in the palette. The reason why there are shimmers in the picture is because of my dirty brush lol forgive me. 

I blend it out with a fluffy brush and then I get this 90's sort of inspired matte eyeshadow look. I leave it like this, but I also use my brown/black liquid eye liner when I feel fancy and a little less lazy. 

| The Balm Hot Mama Blusher | Candy Doll Shading Powder |

These are my default cheek products. The shimmers in the Hot Mama blush are a bit intimidating, but they look so beautiful on the skin when applied with a light hand. Some say that this is a less expensive dupe for Nars Orgasm, a flattering blusher for all skin colors. I actually have reviewed both of these products! Here, and here

| Cat Chu Wink Tint Tony Moly |

This is my favorite lip tint from Tony Moly. It's SUPER PIGMENTED, I used it as a red lipstick/stain in the photo above and it stayed in place through dinner. 

And, this is how it looks like in a selfie using my iphone. Haha! I hope this post quenched all your makeup curiosities. I don't really do a lot because I am a really lazy person. I'm also guessing that this will be my look everyday when I start school on September! 

'Til my next post loves! 


  1. Nice...I like your style....
    check my blog.... www.fashionbyshireen.blogspot.in.

  2. beautiful !


  3. Thank you for sharing this tutorial! What a beautiful everyday make up look!

  4. Your makeup is so pretty <3
    Please post makeup tutorial for cat eye and red lip look!!


  5. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts, beautiful photos & design! It’s really amazing!
    Great job! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet